The ACC SPLOST committee is currently accepting comments from the public regarding SPLOST 2020 project proposals. The Athens Cultural Affairs Commission invites the public to give feedback on their current proposal to create a Jackson Street Art Walk. The Jackson Street Art Walk project includes planning, design and construction of street and pedestrian improvements between Hoyt and Dougherty Streets to establish a pedestrian-oriented promenade showcasing permanent and temporary artworks.
The goals of the Jackson Street Art Walk:
- Transform Underutilized and Aging City Infrastructure into Vital Community Gathering Spaces
- Provide Access to Art for Everyone 24/7
- Serve Underprivileged Population: Especially Children & Elderly with High Quality Facilities
- Strengthen Connections Between Community Facilities And Downtown Businesses
- Potential to Leverage Public Dollars
- Create An Innovative, Creative New Destination For Families, Residents And Tourists
To learn more about the Jackson Street Art Walk project, click here.
To read more about all SPLOST proposals, click here.
To access the SPLOST comment form, click here. Deadline for comments is March 3rd.